Reltio Connect

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Reltio Integration

• 1.  Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-17-2021 15:13
    We need to develop solutions to further integrate the Reltio MDM/RDM solution into our organization (e.g., additional coupling with SFDC, integration with our data warehouse, quickly on-boarding new data sources, leveraging analytics over the mastered data in conjunction with transactional data).

I'm curious what solutions/technologies other organizations have implemented/leveraged to accomplish this?

What have you found to be cost-effective, efficient, etc?

While we certainly have architected solutions in mind, I'm interested in exploring alternatives!

------------------------------
    David Starnes
    Director, Enterprise Information Management & Architecture
    RedHill Biopharma, Inc.
    Raleigh NC

• 2.  RE: Reltio Integration

Posted 05-18-2021 09:43
    Hey David, 

We're sort of gearing up to go from a v1 integrated landscape to v2, so it might give you some perspective on what you might want to consider. 

Our current landscape leverages Boomi for ingest into Reltio. This includes Salesforce, ERP, and Snowflake sources. We're sending our Reltio profile/relationship data back out to Snowflake using the Reltio Export API and the custom S3 bucket option. We're doing it for seemingly the same reasons as you, to align the mastered/consolidated data against the transactional portion. 

What we're looking to move to is the Reltio Salesforce connector to take over the Salesforce piece; we don't want to maintain this as a custom integration long term, and the package within Salesforce saves a lot of tracking/logging we'd need to build. Implementing Kafka to broker the Reltio platform messages to trigger updates back to subscribing systems; this lets us use Boomi where applicable or other solutions (Lambda) where applicable.

For us it's really around trying to balance what we can do, against what we should do now.  As I'm sure you've seen, you can do quite a lot of the various Reltio APIs, but we've been trying to take the approach of not boiling the ocean. 

I'd be interested in hearing what other folks are doing as well.

Ted Sager
    Qlik

• 3.  RE: Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-18-2021 15:23
    Thanks Ted!

We are looking to implement a similar integration by leveraging a Reltio export and loading into our data warehouse (AWS Redshift) via S3. A "data connector" of sorts would be beneficial right. Reltio Product Development, please chime in here! :)

We've already integrated our SFDC platform via the connector so we can certainly talk about that further if interested! We also leverage AWS SQS vs Kafka for our custom integration needs and while we do use Lambda for other processes, we haven't leveraged Reltio-centric functionality yet. Boomi sounds interesting so I'll need to check that out. :-)

Thanks again for sharing!

David Starnes
    RedHill Biopharma, Inc.
    Raleigh NC

• 4.  RE: Reltio Integration

Posted 05-18-2021 15:07
    Hi David,

There are multiple ways to integrate with Reltio MDM.  The cost effective solutions would be going to any cloud platforms, where you can use big data frameworks if the data is huge and you can use common development frameworks like JAVA and PYTHON if volume of the data you are processing from the source is low.

You can also consider other tools like Mulesoft and few ETL tools.

Also if you are thinking of real time integrations please use the SQS options we have in Reltio.

Thanks,
    P. Alen

Alen Godwin
    AZ
    Chennai

• 5.  RE: Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-18-2021 15:33
    Thanks Alen!

I completely agree in that leveraging reusable frameworks is the way to go. I am familiar with Mulesoft and that's something we will be revisiting in the future for considering within our architecture. Being a smaller company, we don't have some of the same challenges as AZ but certainly hope to get there. :-)

And thanks for the suggestion regarding SQS! We are currently utilizing SQS for our downstream integrations but certainly welcome the input.

Just curious, to those following the thread, is anyone exporting the Reltio mastered data and preserving the native JSON format within a NoSQL database (e.g., MongoDB, DocumentDB, etc.?) Or are you exporting to a CSV format?

We have typically exported to a CSV format but am curious what others may have done.

David Starnes
    RedHill Biopharma, Inc.
    Raleigh NC

• 6.  RE: Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-18-2021 19:06
    Hi David,

Our current solution is SQS->Lambda-Matillion->Redshift. I would love to know if you come up with a more streamlined solution.

Regards,
    Walt

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway

• 7.  RE: Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-18-2021 21:40
    Thanks Walt!

Are you using Matillion to perform various transformations not performed with Lambda? Or are you using it for the actual load into Redshift?

Many of our processes uses Event Bridge to trigger a Lambda function (both s3 and scheduled events). Depending on the type of event, the function will either process an s3 object or perform an activity (e.g., pull 3rd party data via REST services). In either case, the data may undergo basic transformations and then loaded directly into Redshift via a bulk load COPY.

David Starnes
    RedHill Biopharma, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-19-2021 08:04
    Hi David,

We use Matillion for performing various transformations not performed with Lambda as well as the actual load into Redshift. Our primary transformation is to strip out all of the strong personal identifiers (i.e. 1st/last name, email, phone, etc.) and only load Redshift with the associated, alphanumeric customer and account IDs with the associated attribution and consent details. In keeping with the "data minimization" privacy principle, we never perform analytics against strong personal identifiers.

Regards,
    Walt

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway

• 9.  RE: Reltio Integration

Posted 05-19-2021 00:36
    We have not implemented any NoSQL database, instead we have implemented in a way where we export JSON and processing it to be stored in a RDBMS.

Thanks,
    P. Alen

Alen Godwin
    AstraZeneca

• 10.  RE: Reltio Integration

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-20-2021 14:40
    Hi Alen, have you seen the new Reltio Analytics capability which makes Reltio profiles, match merge stats and workflow information available in RDBMS format? Might be worth checking out? Duncan

Duncan Slater

• 11.  RE: Reltio Integration

Founding Member
    Posted 05-20-2021 15:02
    That sounds interesting! We were just starting to work with the predecessor to Reltio Analytics in my first Reltio implementation. If I recall correctly, Reltio Analytics is an additional service to the core offering right? It would be interesting to hear what folks are doing with that. Of course, that probably warrants a new thread! :-)

David Starnes
    RedHill Biopharma, Inc.
    Raleigh NC