Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Conditionally Targeting Workflow Reviewer Team

Posted 12-07-2021 08:52
    Hi folks,

In my initial workflow implementation I created separate versions of the same potential match review workflow.  The only difference between them was the reviewer team it would go to.  The challenge I anticipate with this is the likelihood of users selecting the wrong workflow from the drop down (or simply taking the one at the top of the list by default).  I can see how that will create some work and confusion when potential match review requests go to teams that are not able to deal with them.  From what I've determined from testing is that once a workflow task is assigned to a team it can only be reassigned to members within the same team and I haven't found a way to remove those workflow tasks except by manually running the workflow api.

What I would like to do and I don't know if it's possible or not is to have a single workflow that will determine (based on value of data element) and direct to the specific reviewer team responsible for that.

For example, for party we have Individual, Organization and Other.  Our other parties don't participate in match and merge so we don't worry about those.  That leaves Individual and Organization - both of which have a field to indicate whether they are an insurance advisor or not (a customer).  What I would like to do is build some intelligence into the potential match review process that directs any workflow started to go to a specific reviewer team without the end user needing to know who that team is or to select it.

Is this currently possible and if so - please direct me to some information to get started on it.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 2.  RE: Conditionally Targeting Workflow Reviewer Team

Reltio Employee
    Posted 12-07-2021 21:44

I havn't done this, but it definitely should be possible through a custom listener class written in java.

The workflow engine Reltio deploys is Activiti.  Their general documentation should be viable in this circumstance.  I found some details here:

https://www.activiti.org/userguide/#bpmnUserTaskUserCustomAssignmentTaskListeners

Reltio specific details can be found here:

https://docs.reltio.com/workflow/workflowcustomization.html

Dan Gage
    Principal Solution Consultant

• 3.  RE: Conditionally Targeting Workflow Reviewer Team

Posted 12-08-2021 11:05
    Thanks Dan!  I will definitely look into this.  Thanks for the info.   Good thing I was a Java developer in a past life.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life