Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Will Reference Data (RDM) sync with Snowflake with connector?

Posted 10-14-2021 09:42
    will this be possible?

------------------------------
    Nishit Ajwaliya
    National Grid
    Waltham MA

• 2.  RE: Will Reference Data (RDM) sync with Snowflake with connector?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 10-14-2021 09:46
    @Nishit Ajwaliya,

There are certain objects that we will talk about which will be available to Snowflake, for example, entities relations, match and merge, and interactions. These are the objects, which I think, let me correct, it's only entities relations match and merge, these are the only objects which get delivered into Snowflake today. And based on our customer feedback, and if we understand that there are certain more objects that needs to be delivered, we will make it available in Snowflake. So RDM data today is not available to Snowflake as a system for now.

We would like to understand the reason why RDM data, Snowflake. The reason I'm asking this is, even if the RDM data is available in Reltio, we have already done the transformation and the RDM data is made a part of the entity as an object, or the attribute value. The reference data will make its way into Snowflake. If we understand why RTM data is needed in Snowflake, then we can consider that as an enhancement in the product.

If you haven't seen our webinar on Snowflake for Reltio Connected Platform, take a look! 

Prasad Satam

• 3.  RE: Will Reference Data (RDM) sync with Snowflake with connector?

Posted 10-14-2021 09:47

@Prasad Satam If reference data that are related to master data, that we have built will be available through master data entities itself. But remember, we can use the MDM Reltio tool as the mast as a kind of a master data for reference data also, which are used directly in transactions. And in transactions, we will never be able to, we will not be going to be loading into the MDM.

There are master database specific reference data, I get it that we can share, but there are transaction related master reference data also, we want to manage because Reltio is our, kind of a hub for the all the reference data. And that's the reason those data will be needed to sync.

Nishit Ajwaliya
    National Grid
    Waltham MA

• 4.  RE: Will Reference Data (RDM) sync with Snowflake with connector?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 10-14-2021 09:48

If I were to summarize, you're looking at blending your international data with RDM, so that it matches the same standardized with the master data, right?

Prasad Satam

• 5.  RE: Will Reference Data (RDM) sync with Snowflake with connector?

Posted 10-14-2021 09:48
    Correct. Because Reltio is reference data, kind of one of the reference data is master data. And you want to begin make the hub for that one, so that's the reason.

Nishit Ajwaliya
    National Grid
    Waltham MA

• 6.  RE: Will Reference Data (RDM) sync with Snowflake with connector?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 10-14-2021 09:49

That makes sense Nashit, and thank you for clarifying that. This is our first release of the feature of the product, as we are seeing more and more demand. And if we understand that RDM is a common data that is needed, then we can make it available into Snowflake.

Prasad Satam