Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Fuzzy Filtering in search API

Reltio Partner
    Posted 12-23-2021 05:50

Hello Everyone , 

I would like to understand how the fuzzy filtering works for organizational names in the search API . I know that the fuzzy algorithm uses  Damerau-Levenshtein edit distance but then how would it actually work for org. names where there are 2 or more terms in the search . How it actually calculates whether the match is more than 80% or less . 

For ex : when I try {{tenantURL}}/entities?filter=(equals(type,'configuration/entityTypes/HCO')) and fuzzy (attributes.Name,'Princess Margaret Hospital')&options=ovOnly&options=searchByOv 

It returns me

Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
    Princess Alexandra Hospital ,etc 

As far as I could understand in both of these cases only 2 terms from Princess Margaret Hospital has matched . So, How is it returning in the response, How do I find the percentage of match here .

Any help would be appreciated .

------------------------------
    Manish Kumar
    Technology Consultant
    Virtusa
    Bangalore

• 2.  RE: Fuzzy Filtering in search API

Reltio Employee
    Posted 12-28-2021 12:19
    @Joel Snipes, what are your thoughts on this question?​​

Chris Detzel
    Head of Community
    Reltio

• 3.  RE: Fuzzy Filtering in search API

Reltio Employee
    Posted 12-29-2021 12:32
    Hi Manish,

Have you looked at the documentation available here?  I would copy it, but it is pretty long.  There are a number of examples.  I believe the 80% refers to within the word of the string.  Then, since the majority of the string has matching terms, it is returned as part of the fuzzy match.  

If you need a deeper explanation, it may be that you need to open a ticket, as I don't see this use case documented even in the documentation of the underlying technology.

Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio