Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Match Rule | Feasibility Check

Posted 01-21-2022 09:44
    Hi @Joel Snipes & Team, 

This is regarding Relevance based matching.
    I have a scenario and was checking whether it is feasible to implement or not :
      Let's say, i have 5 Entity types in my Tenant - (Example - Entity A, Entity B, Entity C, Entity D, Entity E).
      I have built a Match rule - Fuzzy(FirstName), Exact(LastName, Address) in Entity A.
      Question - Can i have a provision to have my Match to compare & do it's functionality to only two particular entities [Entity A VS only Entity B & C Leaving (Entity D & Entity E) aside].

------------------------------
    Chetan P
    Freshworks

• 2.  RE: Match Rule | Feasibility Check

Reltio Employee
    Posted 01-21-2022 16:39

Hi Chetan,

When you say entityTypes are you referring them in the Reltio sense? Or are you asking about one entityType (i.e. Organization) and you are using an attribute to differentiate(i.e. Organziation.LegalStructure has possible values of LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp)? 

It is not possible to merge two different entityTypes, such as an Individual with an Organization

Joel Snipes

• 3.  RE: Match Rule | Feasibility Check

Posted 01-21-2022 17:31
    Hi Chetan,

In my experience, you cannot create a match rule that matches between 2 different entity types.  The only way is if they are all child entities inheriting from the same parent entity.  So, if you have a Person entity, then you could have Doctor, Patient, and Nurse which inherit from Person.  So you could put your match rule in the Person entity.  However, if you don't already, I believe you would need to add an actual attribute which would hold the entity type to use for comparison.  Then you could filter to only compare those where your entity type attribute has one of your 3 strings.

However, in the past when my team had tried it, we couldn't actually see the potential matches in the UI of the profile, because the UI seemed to be filtering to only show the potential matches which were the exact same child entity type rather than all the other child entity types under its same parent that should have matched.  I don't think we had checked if they came out in the potential match report API, since we really needed our end users to work with them in the UI.

Good luck!

Trisha Miller
    Dexcom