Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  OKTA SSO configuration with Reltio MDM

Founding Member
    Posted 06-18-2021 07:19

How to configure SSO in Reltio MDM using OKTA IDP. 

I have gone through various Reltio docs but end with with a deadlock situation. Reltio SSO configuration need OKTA IDP metadata.xml  file for configuration which then ultimately  provides you Single Sign On URL and Audience ID however to get IDM metadata.xml file from OKTA one need to configure an Application which has mandatory prerequisites  Single Sign On URL and Audience ID . I am sure there is a way out here if anyone can help.

------------------------------
    Ashish Rawat
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 2.  RE: OKTA SSO configuration with Reltio MDM

Founding Member
    Posted 06-18-2021 18:23
    Hi Ashish,

I believe you are trying to create a SAML Connection. You can generate a metadata.xml file with a dummy URL. Once you import the metadata file, you will get the ACS URL and the Entity ID from Reltio Console . You can update them back in OKTA.

Gowthamprabhu Sivaraj
    AstraZeneca

• 3.  RE: OKTA SSO configuration with Reltio MDM

Founding Member
    Posted 06-19-2021 04:55

Hey Gowtham,

Yes that's the hit and trial approach we went with actually to solve this but wondering if there is legitimate way to do it and if not then may be this trick can be documented.

Ashish Rawat
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 4.  RE: OKTA SSO configuration with Reltio MDM

Founding Member
    Posted 06-19-2021 05:44
    Hi Ashish,
    Yes I agree it has to be documented. But this is a Generic behaviour of all Identity Providers to expect the URL and Entity ID as a mandatory one while creating a connection. But since Reltio gives a different Domain where the SAML Assertion has to be posted into, that url from Reltio has to be updated in the Identity provider to ensure the Identity provider gives the SAML assertion to the right Application. But if there are other ways, Reltio team can give us Information. ​

Gowthamprabhu Sivaraj
    AstraZeneca