Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows

Posted 01-21-2022 09:36
    Hi folks,

I am getting set up to do some java customization for Reltio workflows for the first time ever.  The many steps to setup the workflow adapter (eclipse and other tools) appears to have gone well so far.  I am however currently stuck at what would appear to be something that should be really simple.  So simple that the instructions in the Reltio documentation were just a few words.  However, you know how challenging simple things can be at times.
    The setup is going well so far and at this point I'm setting up to do local debugging.  In order for that to work, the instructions state that I need to 'Set up HTTPS on the local machine'
    I googled that and found this information and was hoping it would help:
    https://zeropointdevelopment.com/how-to-get-https-working-in-windows-10-localhost-dev-environment/.  So I went through the steps there and was able to create the private key but when I got to the step 2 to create the certificate file it failed saying it couldn't find a DLL (see error/details below). 

At this point I don't know how I could fix this...or if there is a better way to get this certificate created so I can continue on with my work.  Any suggestions on what to try next?  Thanks!
    error:
    The filename referenced does not exist on my computer.  I had downloaded the openssl-1.0.2u-x64_86-win64.zip version from the website and confirmed that my laptop is 64 bit windows 10.
    C:\Reltio\misc>openssl req -x509 -new -nodes -key rootSSL.key -sha256 -days 1024  -out  rootSSL.pem
    Error configuring OpenSSL
    13652:error:25078067:DSO support routines:WIN32_LOAD:could not load the shared library:.\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c:180:filename(providers.dll)
    13652:error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library:.\crypto\dso\dso_lib.c:244:
    13652:error:0E07506E:configuration file routines:MODULE_LOAD_DSO:error loading dso:.\crypto\conf\conf_mod.c:285:module=providers, path=providers
    13652:error:0E076071:configuration file routines:MODULE_RUN:unknown module name:.\crypto\conf\conf_mod.c:222:module=providers

------------------------------
    Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 2.  RE: Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows

Founding Member
    Posted 01-24-2022 12:35
    Hi Michelle,

Looks like your downloaded OpenSSL was not setup correctly.  I had the similar issue and I just setup certificates in a separate machine and imported to my Mac and it worked. 

Gowthamprabhu Sivaraj
    AstraZeneca

• 3.  RE: Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows

Posted 01-24-2022 14:56
    Thanks, I'll give that  a try...I have a couple other computers lying around.... ;-)

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 4.  RE: Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows

Posted 01-26-2022 11:52
    Ultimately, I found the best approach was to ask one of our system administrators that is used to setting up certificates on our servers to create the various keys for me and give them to me.  Understanding that these keys didn't need to be created on my computer makes that option much easier.  Still many steps to go to get my system setup for remote workflow debugging...but i'm getting one step closer.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 5.  RE: Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows

Founding Member
    Posted 01-25-2022 02:17

Hi Michelle,

You need to setup your workflow URL as http://localhost:8080/workflow-adapter. It can be done with the help of Reltio support to point workflow to local host, once done your DCR/workflow request from tenant will start pointing to your local machine.

Ashish Rawat
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 6.  RE: Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows
    Best Answer

Posted 02-04-2022 09:05
    Another follow up now that I finally have the HTTPS setup properly and the workflow adapter on my  local machine working and responding to api calls.  I was going completely the wrong way.

I misunderstood how to implement the instructions to 'Set up HTTPS on the local machine'.  Since there were no detailed instructions or a hyperlink to the actual existing instructions - I had gone to the internet to search and found completely different instructions.

The actual instructions are here - which is very different...and oh so simple:
    https://docs.reltio.com/workflow/enablesslworkflow.html

The one remaining thing that also got me and I needed further help for was that it still would not work - I could connect via the api or the https for confirming the status.  Turns out the port 443 on my machine will not work for this....so in the app.properties file I changed the server.port setting to 8443 and used that port instead - success!. 

@M G Can you arrange for the documentation updated to make this easier for others:
    -to hyperlink to the ssl instructions
    -provide the tip on the ssl instructions page regarding the port conflict issue. 
    -Further information about the impact of using a self-signed certificate may also be useful as the first web and api call will complain about it and you will need to indicate acceptance of that.

Many thanks to @Roger Mukai and @Nagesh Lakinepally for their help in getting this working - you guys are awesome!

​​​

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 7.  RE: Local HTTPS? Getting setup for Remote Debugging Workflows

Posted 02-04-2022 13:45
    Thanks @Michelle Popovits for the heads up! We'll look into the documentation issue.

--

Respectfully,

Megan Gilhooly

Sr Director, Self-help & Content Strategy

e megan.gilhooy@reltio.com

m 303.349.8331

Twitter: @megangilhooly

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/megangilhooly/

w www.reltio.com | b blog.reltio.com