Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Which is a better comparator class, Cleanser for "Country" Attribute?

Posted 09-22-2021 07:41

Is Match token necessary for Country Attribute ?
    #Matching

​​

------------------------------
    Chetan P
    Freshworks

• 2.  RE: Which is a better comparator class, Cleanser for "Country" Attribute?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 09-22-2021 08:12
    @Chetan P, is your use case matching on organization, person, or something else?​

Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio

• 3.  RE: Which is a better comparator class, Cleanser for "Country" Attribute?

Posted 09-22-2021 08:13

My case is matching person, where my match rule has country included as focus.

Chetan P
    Freshworks

• 4.  RE: Which is a better comparator class, Cleanser for "Country" Attribute?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 09-22-2021 08:15
    Do you have the rest of the address attributes, too?  i.e. in the US this would be address, city, state.  Country is frequently redundant if you have the rest of the address information.  For example, there is a Paris in Texas and a Paris in France, but you won't find the same street names in those cities.

Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio

• 5.  RE: Which is a better comparator class, Cleanser for "Country" Attribute?

Posted 09-22-2021 08:16

No we have only Website and Country in the Match rule. Other part of Address (state or address line 1) are not available.  So I am focusing on Country defining in correct manner

Chetan P
    Freshworks

• 6.  RE: Which is a better comparator class, Cleanser for "Country" Attribute?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 09-22-2021 08:20
    @Chetan P,

Country attribute is one good candidate for match attribute. If your requirement is that I will never, ever match my records from US with records from, say, France, then country attribute is a good match attribute because what you're doing is you are making sure that the France record and the US record will never be in the same bucket.

That's why they will never be evaluated. You're not wasting time and, basically, you aren't considering them.​

If you missed it, make sure to watch my webinar I did  on Rule-Based Matching: A Deep Dive

Suchen Chodankar