Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Hierarchy Relationships - issue having multiple parents contribute to the child rollup in hierarchy

Posted 10-18-2023 09:03

Hello - 

I am relatively new to Reltio and am looking for some guidance on how to resolve a child entity have multiple parent relationships. I am multiple sources that contribute to the HCO-HCO Hierarchy relationship. Say Source 1 crosswalk have child1 entity relate to Parent1 and Source2 crosswalk have child1 relate to Parent2. I am looking for a solution on how to resolve this by having one source relationship survive. In my example scenario, I want Source2 Child1 to Parent2 relationship survive irrespective of when (time) the relationship was established. Is there a concept of source survivorship rule for relationship, or a concept that I can achieve this. I am using RIH for integrations - loading entities and establishing relationships.

Thank you for your help. 

------------------------------
    Anu Peri
    Medical Solutions

• 2.  RE: Hierarchy Relationships - issue having multiple parents contribute to the child rollup in hierarchy

Founding Member
    Posted 10-23-2023 11:52

Two or more relationships do not merge until both start and end object are same for each relations, until they merge survivorship can't be applied on them.
    I am assuming your data model doesn't have HCO-HCO reference attribute hence survivorship can't be applied there.
    However using RIH you can deactivate one of the two relationship based on predefined criteria  

Ashish Rawat
    Sr. Manager
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 3.  RE: Hierarchy Relationships - issue having multiple parents contribute to the child rollup in hierarchy

Reltio Employee
    Posted 16 days ago

Ashish,

Can you elaborate on this a bit more?  When do you identify the condition that the entity has more than one of the same relationship?  Then how do you determine which one belongs to the losing record?  

When you do identify what needs to be removed to you end date that relationship or do you delete it?

Thanks,
    Brian

Brian Beil
    Customer Success Manager
    Reltio
    brian.beil@reltio.com