Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  How many entity is required to be created in RELTIO for Items & Product data

Posted 01-06-2023 09:44
    Hi,

Could you please suggest how many entity should be required for Item & Product data in RELTIO

Which is the best option should we have 2 entity or 1 will be enough

Thanks

------------------------------
    Harsh Doda
    amneal

• 2.  RE: How many entity is required to be created in RELTIO for Items & Product data

Posted 01-06-2023 14:56
    I would suggest 2 entities so that you would get more granularity in survivorship and match rules.

Sreekumar Appanam Karakkad
    Intel

• 3.  RE: How many entity is required to be created in RELTIO for Items & Product data

Reltio Employee
    Posted 01-09-2023 11:39
    Building on Sreekumar's answer, a lot depends on how you are distinguishing between Items and Products.  I've seen it done a number of ways over the years, and they all seem valid, so I would not want to be more prescriptive without knowing the requirements.  

But certainly a key in the decision will be the matching and survivorship rules.  It is not possible to match between entities, so you need to match your products against your items, that would push you towards doing it with one entity type.  But if you don't need to do this, then two entity types will give you more granularity.  You may not have requirements now for separate match/survivorship rules, but they may come up in the future.

Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio