Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  How to customize RBAC metadata security errors?

Posted 30 days ago

Hey all there,

We have configured RBAC metadata security to restrict user permissions for specific entities.

Now, let's say a user with read-only role is trying to edit a profile, attached is the error message we see on the top of the profile. Is there a way to create a custom error message for this instead?

------------------------------
    Nidheesh Radhakrishnan
    MDM Developer
    Novartis

• 2.  RE: How to customize RBAC metadata security errors?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 29 days ago

The short answer is that it is not currently possible to customize that error message.

However, I wonder why the user has EDIT permission if it should only READ? the READ-only permission should apply to the entire entity or some specific attribute?

Sergio Abraham
    Principal Product Manager
    Reltio

• 3.  RE: How to customize RBAC metadata security errors?

Posted 29 days ago

Hi @Sergio Abraham, that's right. A couple of weeks back, the editing option was visible in our tenant UI. And, it will allow a read-only(read-only for entire entity) user to choose the Editing option and edit any attributes of a profile. It is only when trying to save the profile, the user get this error. 

But there is something which I didn't mention. This screenshot was captured sometime back, and now, the editing option is not visible in the UI for a read-only user. 

I brought this question to check if there is an option to customize this message.

Nidheesh Radhakrishnan
    MDM Developer
    Novartis