Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Populating data label pattern for nested attributes using reference attributes

Reltio Partner
    Posted 02-21-2024 13:38

Hello community,

Here with a query I didn't find an answer from the Reltio docs. So, wanted to check if anyone has implemented the below logic.

I have an entity. Let's call MyEntity1. This has a nested attribute which in turn contains a reference attribute.

Now, how do I use the value of this reference value as dataLabelPattern? Or, I can also use any of the referencedAttributes of this reference attribute as a parameter for my dataLabelPattern of my nested attribute. 

Here is an example.

{
    	"label": "Primary Attributes",
    	"name": "primaryAttributes",
    	"type": "Nested",
    	"dataLabelPattern": "{type}",
    	"uri": "configuration/entityTypes/MyEntity1/attributes/primaryAttributes",
    	"attributes": [
    		{
    			"label": "Type",
    			"name": "type",
    			"type": "Reference",
    			"uri": "configuration/entityTypes/MyEntity1/attributes/primaryAttributes/attributes/type",
    			"dataLabelPattern": "{name}",
    			"referencedAttributeURIs": [
    				"configuration/entityTypes/MyEntity2/attributes/name",
    			],
    			"referencedEntityTypeURI": "configuration/entityTypes/MyEntity2",
    			"relationshipTypeURI": "configuration/relationTypes/PrimaryAttributes"
    		},
    		{
    			"label": "Value",
    			"name": "value",
    			"type": "Simple",
    		},
    		{
    			"label": "Domain",
    			"name": "domain",
    			"type": "Simple",
    		}
    	]
    }

"dataLabelPattern": "{type}" is where I have to try using the value of the reference attribute or any attribute that is mentioned in the referencedAttributeURIs. The "dataLabelPattern": "{name}" is populating as expected but "dataLabelPattern": "{type}" is not.

Kindly throw some light on how to achieve this.

------------------------------
    Nidheesh R

• 2.  RE: Populating data label pattern for nested attributes using reference attributes

Reltio Employee
    Posted 02-22-2024 10:05

Hi Nidheesh,

Reference attributes are not supported as sub-nested attributes. Were you able to post this configuration and get it working with the data label pattern?

Thanks, 

Saurabh Agarwal

• 3.  RE: Populating data label pattern for nested attributes using reference attributes

Reltio Partner
    Posted 02-28-2024 04:35

Hi Saurabh,

Yes. I updated this L3 config in the tenant. I'm able to use the "value" and "domain" for the dataLabelPattern but neither the "type" reference attribute nor any attributes that is present inside the reference attribute is populating in the dataLabelPattern.

Now, is there any other alternative where I can modify this reference or use any other approach where I can use the value of attributes that are present inside the reference attribute for my nested attribute?

Thanks for all the info and help in advance.

Nidheesh R
    EPAM Systems

• 4.  RE: Populating data label pattern for nested attributes using reference attributes

Reltio Employee
    Posted 02-29-2024 11:22

Hi Nidheesh,

I can confirm that reference attributes are not supported as sub-nested attributes. This configuration is not correct and will not work

Thanks,

Saurabh Agarwal

• 5.  RE: Populating data label pattern for nested attributes using reference attributes

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-01-2024 09:13

Hi Nidheesh,

I will also suggest to use the recently released data modeler capability to add Reference attributes in your entities like you add simple and nested attributes. UI will only let you build a supported configuration

Thanks, 

Saurabh Agarwal

• 6.  RE: Populating data label pattern for nested attributes using reference attributes

Reltio Partner
    Posted 03-01-2024 11:25

Hi Nidheesh,

Could you please confirm {type} value is not displaying in label or it is displaying wrong data? If In understand correctly, I think you can keep {name} in the nested attributes data label pattern as it's reference attribute is having only name if it is having more than one attribute you can use those as well. Hope it will satisfy the requirement. 

Thanks and Regards
    Chenchu Giri Manduva