Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Provide a source system while bulk updating attributes on multiple entities via the api

Posted 03-13-2024 12:06

I want to make a single api call to update the attributes on multiple entities at once, but specify a source system along with the paylod. I don't see the ability to specify a source system in Bulk update of attributes. Is there a way to do this with this API call, or a different one?

------------------------------
    Joseph Hoppe
    NJ

• 2.  RE: Provide a source system while bulk updating attributes on multiple entities via the api

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-13-2024 12:15

Let me know if this helps. 

You can make a single API call to update the attributes on multiple entities at once and specify a source system along with the payload. To do this, you can use the /bulk endpoint of the Reltio API. This endpoint allows you to perform bulk operations on entities, including creating, updating, and deleting entities.

To update the attributes on multiple entities at once, you can use the following steps:

1. Prepare a JSON payload that contains the updated attributes for each entity.
    2. In the payload, include the sourceSystem field for each entity. This field specifies the source system from which the data is being updated.
    3. Send a POST request to the /bulk endpoint with the payload in the body of the request.

The /bulk endpoint supports a variety of operations, including update. 

Chris Detzel
    Director of Customer Community and Engagement
    Reltio

• 3.  RE: Provide a source system while bulk updating attributes on multiple entities via the api

Posted 03-13-2024 13:21

Can you elaborate on the sourceSystem field?

I was anticipating having to create a crosswalk type. Do I instead set a single sourceTypes array, that will be applied to all entities updated?

Joseph Hoppe
    NJ

• 4.  RE: Provide a source system while bulk updating attributes on multiple entities via the api

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-13-2024 13:36

I am getting this from our docs, If you are using a crosswalk type, you will need to create a sourceSystem field for each crosswalk type. This field will be used to identify the system that originated the change record for that crosswalk type.

If you are not using a crosswalk type, you can set a single sourceSystem field for all entities updated. This field will be used to identify the system that originated the change record for all entities.

If this doesn't help, I will ping an expert. 

Chris Detzel
    Reltio

• 5.  RE: Provide a source system while bulk updating attributes on multiple entities via the api

Posted 03-13-2024 16:04

If I understand correctly, we can set the sourceTypes array to the crosswalk type(s)

"actions": [ { "operationParameters": { "sourceTypes": [ "HMS" ],

But, we cannot set any crosswalk values, because we are updating more than one entity at a time

Is that correct?

Joseph Hoppe
    NJ

• 6.  RE: Provide a source system while bulk updating attributes on multiple entities via the api

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-13-2024 16:30

Let me check that statement Joseph and get back to you

Chris Detzel
    Reltio