Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Tenant cloning process

Founding Member
    Posted 01-18-2023 13:29

Hi  Reltio Team,

I wanted to understand the process of tenant cloning, here are few queries:

1. What all measures/task Reltio team perform to clone data from one tenant to another.

2. What is the SLA to complete the task

3. One tenant clone is provided per month as per base subscription as per docs but does subscription impacts the SLA?

Thanks is advance!  

------------------------------
    Ashish Rawat
    Manager
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 2.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Founding Member
    Posted 02-06-2023 09:20
    @Chris Detzel Bringing this to your notice​​​, if there is any one in your knowledge who can share the details

Ashish Rawat
    Manager
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 3.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Reltio Employee
    Posted 02-06-2023 09:41
    @Ashish Rawat Thanks for the question. Here is a bulleted out sheet that talks about Tenant Cloning and the process. Let me know if this helps.

Reltio Tenant Cloning and Snapshots FAQ
    https://community.reltio.com/reltio-product-master-data-management-faqs1/reltio-tenant-cloning-snapshots

Chris Detzel
    Director of Customer Community and Engagement
    Reltio

• 4.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Founding Member
    Posted 02-14-2023 00:05

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I could find answers to following queries in Reltio docs or above FAQ

3. One tenant clone is provided per month as per base subscription as per docs but does subscription impacts the SLA?

Ashish Rawat
    Manager
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 5.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Reltio Partner
    Posted 02-14-2023 00:31

Hi Ashish,

Please find the response for first 2, I did not understand 3rd one(Reltio team can provide more details)

1. What all measures/task Reltio team perform to clone data from one tenant to another.
    [ 3 steps, A. Backup of first tenant, B. Restore the data to second tenant, C. Reindex the data in second tenant
    Reltio team perform the backup from the first tenant and then ingest the data to second tenant. 
    Taking the backup will take few hours(rough 5 hours) and ingest will take few days. 
    Ideally Reltio completes the cloning process with in 3 to 5 business days based on the volume
    We no need to pause any activites to the first tenant as Reltio will take the backup first, hence we can perform any activities but please keep in mind, If Reltio takes the backup at 10 AM, then until the 10AM data will be cloned to second tenant.
    Data in the second tenant will not be available until the clone process is done]

[3 to 5 business days based on the volume]

Nagaraju

• 6.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Founding Member
    Posted 02-14-2023 05:48

Thanks Nagaraju for your response! 3 to 5 days is a big window in any implementation cycle as you would already know. Hence I was looking for an exact SLA on entire cloning process.

Ashish Rawat
    Manager
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore

• 7.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Founding Member
    Posted 02-14-2023 05:53

Just  a random thought, if Reltio is taking daily backup of Production tenants, can the latest backup be imported in lower environments ? This would save time of taking backup ?

AstraZeneca UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number:03674842 and its registered office at 1 Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AA.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. If they have come to you in error, you must not copy or show them to anyone; instead, please reply to this e-mail, highlighting the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message. For information about how AstraZeneca UK Limited and its affiliates may process information, personal data and monitor communications, please see our privacy notice at www.astrazeneca.com

• 8.  RE: Tenant cloning process

Founding Member
    Posted 02-20-2023 12:00

In my experience, creating snapshots doesn't take much time barely 2-4 hours. The reason snapshots are preferred because it is as per customer specific time. As per original topic cloning takes most of the time and that's where I wanted to understand the standard SLA Reltio team has for it.

Ashish Rawat
    Manager
    Fresh Gravity
    Bangalore