Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Validation for Unique Value Across Multiple Values

Posted 02-27-2024 13:05

I am trying to create a validation rule that will give an error when there is more than one unique value for a single nested attribute.  The attribute has three nested attributes: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3.  The attribute can be assigned multiple times, each with its own set of values for each level but the Level 1 value must be the same for each.  For example, the first assignment as Hospital, Trauma Center, Level 1, all other assignments must also start with Hospital (Level 1).  See more examples:

Error Scenario:

Hospital, Trauma Center, Level 1

Medical Group, Specialty, Home Health

No Error Scenario:

Medical Group, Specialty, Home Health

Medical Group, Independent, Women's Care

I am assuming the Validation advanced editor is required but uncertain how to validate across assigned values.

------------------------------
    Chris McCabe
    Clinician Nexus

• 2.  RE: Validation for Unique Value Across Multiple Values

Reltio Employee
    Posted 02-28-2024 16:22

Are these values driven by reference data? you might be better off using dependent lookups...

Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio

• 3.  RE: Validation for Unique Value Across Multiple Values

Posted 02-29-2024 13:55

All three levels are tied to RDM lists and Level 2 is dependent on Level 1.  What I am uncertain how to do is enforce if multiple records are entered, the Level 1 value is all the same.  

Chris McCabe
    Clinician Nexus

• 4.  RE: Validation for Unique Value Across Multiple Values

Reltio Employee
    Posted 02-29-2024 23:50
    if multiple records are entered, each will be its own nest, right? I
    think that will keep it separate for you

--
    Gino Fortunato

Senior Sales Engineer

gino.fortunato@reltio.com
    +1.415.867.4195
    blog.reltio.com
    Get the Study
    Total Economic Impact Study Finds Reltio’s Modern MDM Delivered 366% ROI

• 5.  RE: Validation for Unique Value Across Multiple Values

Posted 03-01-2024 09:21

Gino, thank you for sticking with this. Yes, each is nested.  In the image below, a validation error should stop the entry of this data as the Level 1 records do not have the same value but who do you create a validation rule that has visibility across the nested entries?

Chris McCabe
    Clinician Nexus

• 6.  RE: Validation for Unique Value Across Multiple Values

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-01-2024 12:31

in the Validation Rule builder, depending on the comparator, you can change from fixed values to the value of another attribute.  It allows you to point back to the same attribute when using the 'equals' comparator.  you might want to test that.  But I think I see a logic problem if you get beyond two values in the nest.  What does it compare to?  If it is only one value i.e. 'hospital' then it might work.  But I can see how it might not.  You may want to test that. 

Assuming it does not work, you may be forced into writing a validation service.  Please be aware that these only work in the UI.  https://docs.reltio.com/en/model/cleanse-data/validate-cleansed-data/validation-service.  

Another alternative is to test the value(s) synchronously.  However, that won't provide a good user experience as they'll only see the error after save.
    Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio