Reltio Integration Hub

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why use the Salesforce Connector or Snowflake Connector when Reltio Integration Hub is available?

• 1.  Why use the Salesforce Connector or Snowflake Connector when Reltio Integration Hub is available?

Posted 09-16-2022 09:17

Are there any pros/cons for both methods?

------------------------------
    Erin Byrne
    Qlik Inc.
    Pittsburgh PA

• 2.  RE: Why use the Salesforce Connector or Snowflake Connector when Reltio Integration Hub is available?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 09-16-2022 09:22

Great question. That question does come up and we will be looking to address this in a future webinar. But the answer right now is, we have these bespoke connectors. I'll take the example of Salesforce. The Salesforce connector we have today in market was purpose-built for Salesforce. It does bidirectional synchronization of data. There are very specific use cases that it solves. And it also has a search before create functionality within Salesforce. It's very custom built to the Salesforce use case. What I would say is we treat it as a first class citizen. We are investing in it. We are continuing to build it. But at the same time, Reltio Integration Hub can help you integrate to Salesforce as well. The way to think about it is, if you have a Salesforce integration use case, first look at the Salesforce connector, look to see what use cases are supported by it.

If it fits that, then use the connector. If it doesn't fit that, and you have some use case that's not currently supported by the connector, then you should look at the Reltio Integration Hub and see if it can help you solve that use case. Because we have had customers that have looked at the Integration Hub and used it for use cases that are not currently supported by the existing SFDC connector. That's how I would encourage you to think about it. And in that same vein, I would encourage you to think about the Snowflake connector in the same way, where it is, again, a first-class citizen and its purpose-build for Snowflake specifically. But then everything else that those connectors don't cover, you're more than welcome to look at Reltio Integration Hub to help you solve it. And then definitely involve us, involve me if needed, and we can help you walk through that and make the best recommendation of which product to use for which use case.

If you missed it, check out the Community show on Reltio Integration Hub: Building Recipes as Easy as Pie: 

Ayan Basu