Reltio Connect

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

• 1.  Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Posted 11-22-2021 21:05
    Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this is possible...but thought I'd throw this out in case someone has tried or figured this out.

I want to search for party profiles that have merged crosswalks together where a specific field has different values in the crosswalk - regardless of which one survives.

For example:  Find me all party profiles where the SIN field of one or more crosswalks has the values '111111118' and at least one crosswalk in the same entity has a value that is not '111111118' or null.  So searching for this field equaling and also not equaling obviously does not work.

I'm looking in the advanced search and there's just one field for attributes and so it appears not likely that this is possible...at least not in the UI.

Thoughts?  Possibilities?

------------------------------
    Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 2.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Founding Member
    Posted 11-23-2021 10:52
    Hi Michelle,    I am not aware of any way to do this within Reltio Advanced Search.   You may be able to do in the Reltio Reporting, if your company has bought the advanced analytics. 

For these type of Data Quality checks, we run all of ours outside of Reltio via SQL Developer over Oracle Tables where we have published the Data from Reltio.   

I would also like ot know if this is possible in Reltio as it would save a step and Data Stewards could create Data Quality checks on the fly vs. needing technical support. 

Thank you, 
    angie

Angela Wawrzaszek
    Manager, MDM governance and Application Enablement

• 3.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Posted 11-23-2021 12:45
    Hi Angie,

We export our data as well to a database but mainly the ov and so crosswalk details aren't there.  What I've done in the past is run an export myself and create a Pentaho ETL script to read that file do the checks I want and produce lists of entities that meet the criteria I'm looking for. 

This situation has come about because I was experimenting with the bulk update feature and realized that when clearing a field it would set all the cross walk values to 'ignore'....even the good ones that I wanted to keep.  I tried advanced search to include only the values I want...but learning by behaviour confirms (what should have been obvious) that the bulk update operates only on the entity data and doesn't much care the state of all of the data in the individual crosswalk fields when applying the clear data update.

I agree with you...having more functionality like this in an advanced search would grant data analysts/stewards more fine grained control to find these sorts of situations.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 4.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Founding Member
    Posted 11-23-2021 13:00
    I have been able to use Bulk Update to filter at this level. 

example most crosswalks have an attribute Distributor Name,  I did my initial Advanced Search to say where Distributor Name Exists.    Then in the Bulk Update,  I had filters where Source = 'xxxxxxx' and DistributorName = 'zzzzzzz',  Action Update&Remove.

So while the initial search may bring in extra since you could do a refined filter during the bulk update.

Angela Wawrzaszek
    Manager, MDM governance and Application Enablement

• 5.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Posted 11-23-2021 13:14
    Hi Angie,

Aha! thank you so much....I hadn't tried that one.  I had been using 'Clear attribute' as I wasn't sure I wanted to remove anything.  Using 'Find and Remove' and specifying the SIN value that I wanted to remove marked only those crosswalk fields as ignore and left the rest alone.  Exactly what I needed!

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 6.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Founding Member
    Posted 11-23-2021 13:50

Find & Remove – unfortunately only does the ignore flag too     Not sure why there is a Find & Clear,  and Find & Remove when both do the same thing.

If you want to truly Delete the attribute you need to do through an API using either Update API or Delete API.   Can share more on that if desired.  I have been experimenting with the Bulk Update a lot recently as it makes it nice for me to do outside of API's or requiring technical help.

Angela Wawrzaszek
    MDM Manager 
    Master Data Management - Data standardization and process alignment 

+1 315.291.3565 office 
    Angela.Wawrzaszek@Hillrom.com 

Hill-Rom 

hillrom.com 

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.

• 7.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Posted 11-24-2021 09:40
    Hi Angela,

Please do share some info on the Update/Delete api.  I was just in the documentation portal searching in 5 different ways and I couldn't get it to come up.  I did find the documentation for the bulk update that I've been doing so I book marked that to read in more detail later.

The ignore version might be enough for this particular piece of work - I'll need to think on that a bit more.  It is good to add more and more tools to my 'tool box'.

Thanks again

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 8.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Reltio Employee
    Posted 11-29-2021 02:38
    Hi Michelle. These doc portal links might be what you are looking for:

Thanks,
    Uttam

Uttam Pandanda

• 9.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Posted 11-29-2021 09:20
    Thanks Uttam!  I guess half the battle is knowing the keywords to search for.  I have it book marked now...but probably will remember the 'attribute' part now.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 10.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Founding Member
    Posted 11-29-2021 16:01

Hi Michelle,

Here is an example using the _update API

Requesting that any from "Gaine" system from list of Entity URI provided (which I extracted from a Saved Search),  has the attribute for LegacyData hard deleted.  (not ignore).  The _update API will use the "operation" line for the action taken (update, add, delete)

I have a ticket in for the _delete API that you can specify by Crosswalk, because at times >1 from a Source exists and we only want to hard delete an attribute from a specific Crosswalk key,  not by URI and Source.  I am waiting for Reltio to provide example on how to use, as I have been unable to figure out how to.    

For most use cases, we are deleting an attribute at the Source level and the _update API with Sourcesystem has worked. 

I will keep you posted if I get more information on how to do at the Crosswalk level.

• 11.  RE: Searching Merged Party Entities which have Crosswalks of different values

Posted 11-30-2021 13:10
    Thanks Angela for the info on the update API.  Looking forward to learning more about this and putting it into practice.

In the short term I am liking the bulk update 'ignore' version - until I really get into things and my experience grows...there's a certain amount of safety with the 'ignore' option....if something went wrong and it seems a lot easier to find the instances (i can still search for those) and undo them if I wanted to.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life