Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Auto Merge Question

Founding Member
    Posted 03-14-2022 14:55
    Hi All,  

I should probably know this but I don't!  My Technical is trying to stage the data in DEV, but thought I would through it out here. 

We are creating a new Auto merge rule. 
    Initially The Target may have 10 'suggested matches' that meet the Auto merge rule.    However after the First Auto Merge,  the remaining 9 no longer meet the Auto Merge rule.   

Will only 1 Automerge?   Is it a profile by profile scenario that 1 automerge occurs and then it re-evaluates to do any more automerges?

ie. 
    Source does not have a particular attribute on it.    Our rule states for this attribute to AutoMerge this attribute must be Exact,  Exact or Null or All Null. 

The 10 'suggested' matches all have this attribute.   We do not want all 9 to automerge because as soon as One automerges the rule  Exact,  Exact or Null or All Null fails and no more should auto merge. 

Are we correct to assume 1 and only 1 will AutoMerge?    How does Reltio Pick which of the 10 it originally automerges with since all meet the Match Rule,  is it Random?

thank you all!
    Angie

------------------------------
    Angela Wawrzaszek
    Manager, MDM governance and Application Enablement

• 2.  RE: Auto Merge Question

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-14-2022 16:27
    Hi Angela,

I assume that you have ExactOrNull comparator in your match rules based on the scenario given.  Therefore an incoming entity with a missing value is matching against 10 similar, but NOT identical entities that already exist in the tenant, thus potential 10 automerges.  

1) Reltio will merge the incoming entity with the first entity that evaluates as a positive match based on the auto-match rule and there is no specific order on which rule or which entity will be selected, if multiples are possible.  The rules engine evaluates in multi-threaded fashion.  There are no original 10 matches.  From Reltio perspective, there was 1 match and merge.  The resulting entity is then compared against the rest of the data set, which bring me to the next point:

2) I would re-visit the match rule with ExactOrNull to ensure that you do not introduce a "cascading merge".  Should (based on your survivorship rules) the missing value survive (usually, by having otherattributecrosswalkwinner survivorship rule), you could then trigger auto-merge with first entity, which would result in a NULL matching against  a value in the next entity, etc.

Adnan Selak

• 3.  RE: Auto Merge Question

Founding Member
    Posted 06-10-2022 08:13
    Thank you!   We would not go into a "cascading merge"   as the value of the attribute using the Exact or Null,  would never survive a null value if one is present on any of the contributors.

Angela Wawrzaszek
    Manager, MDM governance and Application Enablement