Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No

Reltio Partner
    Posted 11-09-2021 06:34
    Hello All,

I am new to Reltio and would like to know your thoughts on the below .

So, we have some data present in a Aurora PostgreSQL Database , we are planning to implement a solution wherein we will pass an entity JSON structure (Not all attributes but let's say Name,addrLine1,City,Zip,etc using a lambda to see if this data is present in Reltio . If it is present , we want to return YES , else NO . 

The challenge though to me is : 
    0. How do I make lambda pass this data (JSON ) & call the Reltio API ?
    1. Shall I use external Match API to check if the record matches with this new data that I passed ?
    2. How do I make Reltio communicate the results to my Database ?

I am sorry if it doesn't make sense to you but tried to give a rough idea . 

Thanks

------------------------------
    Manish Kumar
    Bangalore

• 2.  RE: Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No

Founding Member
    Posted 11-09-2021 09:36
    Have the Lambda do a GET entity call for the Name,addrLine1,City,Zip,etc. If Reltio finds an entity, return "YES", else "NO".

You will have to work out what the trigger is - i.e. do you make this call when data is created or changed in the Aurora PostgreSQL Database?

Walt Feldman
    Solutions Architect
    Tenerity

• 3.  RE: Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No

Reltio Employee
    Posted 11-09-2021 13:01
    Hi Manish,

If this validation is going to be a one-time task, then I would prefer to implement option #1. Let me give the description of each of your options and then you can decide which one is going to be feasible for you.

0. Jackson Java SDK will convert a POJO object into JSON object that can be passed in the REST API request body. In Reltio, you can use entity search API using the filter request parameter that does not require a JSON body to pass. This parameter will avoid using Jackson or other library. https://docs.reltio.com/entitiesapi/searchentity.html is the documentation page of this search API call. You pull the record from PostgreSQL database, form the filter, add the filter to HTTP REST call request body.

1. You have to export the PostgreSQL data into an excel sheet. Add an external match rule based on the attributes you want to compare with Reltio database. Run external match task after saving the export excel sheet to S3 bucket.

2. In the case of option#0, each POST call will return a response with search results in response body in JSON body that can be used to process your business logic. In the case of option#1, an external match task will result in an output excel file that is again saved to could object storage like AWS S3 that can be used to perform the post-processing comparisons.

Thanks and Regards,

Nagesh Lakinepally

• 4.  RE: Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No

Reltio Partner
    Posted 11-09-2021 14:35
    Thanks @Walt Feldman & @Nagesh Lakinepally for the response.

Hi Nagesh,

This is not going to be one time validation rather everytime new data arrives in the database we want to validate it against Reltio to see if we have that particular record.
    Hence option  #1 shouldn't be viable solution in this case.

I was wondering whether we can use Mulesoft but we don't want to get licences for mule-reltio connector ​at this point of time, is it possible to make the external match api call maybe using simple Http request and get the data? What other solutions could be applied. 

Thanks​​

Manish Kumar
    Bangalore

• 5.  RE: Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No

Reltio Partner
    Posted 11-09-2021 14:37
    Further a simple search would not work for us as we don't just want to check the matches among the exact same replica of the data rather check the exact/potential matches.

Manish Kumar
    Bangalore

• 6.  RE: Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No

Reltio Employee
    Posted 11-09-2021 14:52
    Hi Manish,

You can make a simple HTTP call to invoke an external match. Please note that this is an asynchronous API call that creates a task and responds with the task id. Once the task completes, an email is sent to the user. Also,  if you want to match documents using _match API call that accepts entity in JSON  request body. Please go through the API documentation. https://docs.reltio.com/matchesapi/searchpotentialmatchesforjsonentity.html. This is synchronous and will respond with an array of potential matches. Please note that this will sometime adds latency as the platform based on the number of attributes in the JSON, match rule complexity.

Nagesh Lakinepally

• 7.  RE: Check the existence of HCP/HCO & return yes/No
    Best Answer

Reltio Employee
    Posted 11-10-2021 09:35
    Hi Manish,

MuleSoft can be used in the way that you describe, using HTTPS instead of the Reltio Connector.  You will need to make a prior HTTPS call to the Oauth server to obtain a valid token, so that you can include that token in your Reltio API calls.

I recorded a quick presentation and demo which you can view here: YouTube Reltio-MuleSoft Process API
    The video shows the Reltio Connector, but you can use HTTPS instead.
    The video showcases how you can build a MuleSoft Process API that:
    1) performs an exact search in Reltio (the GET API call), then conditionally, if you don't find the individual you're looking for,
    2) invokes the Reltio Scored Matches API call (a POST).
    Both calls are synchronous!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Matt

Matthew Gagan