Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Why are there different files in the export?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 07-07-2021 09:51
    i.e. What is in file1 vs. file2, etc? Is it more rows of the same format or is the data different between the files?

------------------------------
    Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio

• 2.  RE: Why are there different files in the export?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 07-07-2021 09:55
    @Gino Fortunato, great question.

When we run our extracts, we use multiple nodes behind the scenes to make this faster. Sometimes based on the data volume, it is quicker for us to have multiple files. And that is just each node going in and grabbing that data. Each file is important, it contains, if there are four files, each file will contain roughly 25% of your extract. We just zipped them up together to bundle them together versus putting them in a single file.

The format is the same, but the data is different. Think about if I had 100 records that I am trying to extract, records one through 25, maybe in file one, 26 through 50, maybe in file two, 51 through 75, maybe in file three. It is because we are doing that in parallel, so each file is being created at the same time.

​Make sure you check out the webinar that we did on Data Extraction: It's My Data and My Operational Systems Need It Now!

Mike Frasca