Reltio Connect

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

• 1.  Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-02-2021 21:36
    Hi all,

Looks like there is some buzz already going on within the Community! Love all the conversations you are having. Let's keep the conversations going with the below question: 

Since most of you have used Reltio's MDM product, what is one tip/trick that you have learned in the Reltio products that you wish you knew when you started out?

------------------------------
    Chris Detzel
    Community Program Manager
    Reltio

• 2.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-04-2021 08:30
    Hi Chris, 

Without hesitation – surrogate crosswalks. I really wish this was understood properly when we deployed Reltio. Our data is ideally suited for surrogate crosswalks, as we use email address as the unique identifier throughout the user facing portions of our data capture / data updating. With surrogate crosswalks, the Entity ID becomes "durable", which is a must for the way we manage the data anonymously in our backends. Removing winners and losers from the way we manage our data has made the entire system 100% more manageable from end to end. 

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway

• 3.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-04-2021 14:28

Walt,

Thanks for calling this out.  I wanted to follow up on what you said about how you use surrogate keys.  

If you don't have winners and losers do you just allow the duplicate customer accounts with the same email address to remain in the source systems?

If so, in terms of data analysis, how do you link duplicate customer accounts to then achieve the 360 customer view? Perhaps there is a source ID coming from those source systems that you map to an identifiers object to create the cross-reference across sources that can be consumed by your analytics systems?

Regards,
    Brian

Brian Beil
    Senior Manager, Provider MDM Operations
    Evernorth

• 4.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-04-2021 16:00
    Hi Brian,

The beauty of surrogates is there are no losers, only winners. All of our 1st party consumer data capture systems capture the email address. The source systems pass email addresses to Reltio via API calls, and Reltio hands back the Customer ID. There are zero duplicate customer accounts as a result, and we easily achieve the 360 view. Every one of our analytics systems references on the Customer ID, and does not even store the email address or any PII at all. Surrogates have made this end to end process 100% reliable and highly performant. Happy to chat on a call about it if you like.

Regards,
    Walt

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway

• 5.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-05-2021 18:07

Walt,

Thank you for the follow up. 

The way I understand it, you are able to do this because you have the benefit on the customer side of having a unique identifier (email address) which is being supplied by the very entity that you are mastering so you can trust what you are getting is accurate.  You are also enforcing that uniqueness at the source system level to prevent duplicates from ever entering your system and thus you never have to deal with them which is great.  

It makes sense to me what you are doing and why. I think its an excellent approach for your business needs.  Thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,
    Brian

Brian Beil
    Senior Manager, Provider MDM Operations
    Evernorth

• 6.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-05-2021 18:48
    Hi Brian,

Actually, the beauty of this system is that we do not need to trust that what we are getting is accurate at all. We just need to know the email, and we trust that the surrogate crosswalk will ensure that whatever email value is supplied maps to exactly one Customer ID, with zero possibility of duplication. This is the true "heart" of our solution.

For example, a lot of people like to use email addresses like "x@x.com" to sign up for email promos or contests/sweepstakes. Our system ensures that we only have 1 customer ID mapped to "x@x.com".

Regards,
    Walt

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway

• 7.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-05-2021 08:35
    Chris, 

Here are a few of my tips/ tricks:

1.   Clicking on eyeball next to a profile to make it 'stick' for viewing.

2.  Ability to highlight name/address, right click and google search Ability to add delete date to a profile so that it puts 'box' around the profile making it obvious to a user the profile is inactive.

3.  Using the InFile functionality on a search

Angela Wawrzaszek
    Manager, MDM governance and Application Enablement

• 8.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Partner
    Posted 05-06-2021 08:17
    Here are my tips: 

1. To test out match rules, you do not need to send data jsons for every scenario that you would want to test. Instead, go to the relevant existing record's source view, update values on the source contributed section itself, complete match rule testing faster!
    2. Need to replicate a scenario using data from another tenant? Simply get call the entity, and post it as input data into the tenant you are replicating the scenario in. Saves time as one does not need to recreate the source data json.

Asmita Datta
    Deloitte USI

• 9.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Posted 05-13-2021 14:10
    Thanks for the tips Asmita! 

I am new to Reltio data get/post api calls and am trying to test out my first configuration change by bringing some data down from another environment to our development environment.  I have done the get and made the post to the dev environment.  The data does show in the dev environment as 2 cross walks merged together as one entity as I would expect.  The weird thing I'm seeing is two of the attributes showing up with 2 values in the same field (ie. Party Status shows as posed I and D for each cross walks where as in production one cross walk had I and the other had D, similar with sources).  I'm expecting the cross walk data to be separate but it looks like those values from each cross walk got duplicated in the other.  I'm wondering if there's a way to just get the individual (unmerged) data for each cross walk separately and let them merge once they get posted.

This is my get:
    {{tenantURL}}/entities/5M1VJVi/?OvOnly=false

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 10.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Posted 05-13-2021 15:14
    Please disregard my previous  reply..... i figured it out.  cheers!

OvOnly=false - was what was causing my issue.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 11.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Partner
    Posted 05-14-2021 06:52
    Hey Michelle,

No worries,I think it's good that you could figure out before I could even reply.. :)
    Nevertheless, it's good to connect... Cheers!

-Asmita

Asmita Datta
    Deloitte USI

• 12.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-14-2021 21:10
    @Asmita Datta and @Michelle Popovits, I am glad you two connected here! Asmita, Michelle's organization has recently had their first production migration so you both may be able to share some ideas with each other   :)  Very happy to see you both here!​​

Sara Lyons
    Technical Delivery Manager
    Reltio
    Chicago IL

• 13.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Partner
    Posted 05-21-2021 09:47
    Hey Sara,

So good to hear from you as well! This portal really seems exciting and of course helpful...there are so many of us who can contribute in our own way and also a great platform to get solution ideas.
    And of course @Michelle Popovits and I can exchange some ideas going forward. ​​:)

Regards,
    Asmita

Asmita Datta
    Consultant
    Deloitte USI

• 14.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-09-2021 10:22
    Chris, 

Here are some of the teams Tips / Tricks: 

Get familiar with Reltio API's – there are a lot of hidden capabilities specifically related to searches and counts you can execute using Reltio API's.

A quick hack to find hidden search API's is to: right click on the Reltio UI when on the search screen click "inspect" navigate to "Network" and you can see all the search API urls that you can call to get counts, advanced searches, and analytics Become familiar with Postman or SoapUI if you aren't already. These tools make it very easy to test integrations and Reltio configs An obvious/easy one – always pay attention to the entityID in the url when looking at a profile in the Reltio UI. It isn't always visible in the UI but will always be in the url.

The Reltio Console is new and has made the UI experience way better – leverage the console as much as possible for config changes, exports, data loads, UI changes, etc. If you plan on managing your Reltio config externally, make sure you have a good version control and ALWAYS PUT A DESCRIPTION OF THE CHANGES IN THE CONFIG FILE AT THE TOP IN THE DESCRIPTION ATTRIBUTE 😊. This makes it much easier to understand what has been updated.

Corbin Thoe
    Customer Experience Orchestration Manager
    Accenture Interactive

• 15.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 05-09-2021 13:38
    Hi @Corbin Thoe - long time no see! Hoping all is well.

I will +1 on Corbin's suggestion to use the browsers inspect->network->XHR, not just for figuring out advanced searches, but for any operation you can perform from the web UI but are struggling to understand the REST request syntax for. I recently had to delete a lot of invalid attributes from many different entities. I was starting to struggle with the request, so I used the inspect trick, which clearly showed that I needed to use Source-System in the headers to make the request work.  ​

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway

• 16.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-14-2021 06:14
    Hi Chris,

My contribution for now is - the existence of the entity slice API (by crosswalk).

This allows you to directly extract only the data contributed by a single source system record, without having to parse it out of the master profile payload.

Enjoy :)

Regards,
    Jacques Lateo
    Solutions Architect
    Reltio

• 17.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Posted 05-24-2021 13:15
    Thanks Jacques! This is a great tip that I use all the time to pull data from one env to another. Along with this we can use this option.

options:cleanEntity to get only the clean value from the JSON. The same can be loaded to Reltio using Postman.

Vignesh Chandran
    Penny Mac

• 18.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-26-2021 12:13
    Hi Vignesh, good to see you !

Agreed, that's a good tip to couple with this one. Thank you.

Added an example that uses this option:​

Regards,
    Jacques Lateo
    Solutions Architect
    Reltio

• 19.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Posted 05-26-2021 13:42
    Thanks @Vignesh Chandran for the cleanEntity tip!  The JSON looks so much better and will be easier to modify for my test cases.​

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 20.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Reltio Partner
    Posted 05-26-2021 14:50
    Thanks a lot, Jacques! This is of immense help.. was not aware of this earlier, it now does make life easy :)​

Asmita Datta
    Consultant
    Deloitte USI

• 21.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Posted 06-01-2021 17:20

1. Verify Match API is of good use to check where The Match is failing.{{tenantURL}}
    /entities/_verifyMatches

2. Data loader feature from Reltio Console is a good way to quickly bulk load data for testing or production or bulk Update any attribute.

3. Saved Search option is good to keep track of any specific search you want to follow, I need to see how I can delete a Saved search once use is done. I put the record count in the name as it helps to keep a check if counts are going up or down.

4. capability of sharing search url is a blessing to take data for any discussions.

Deepak Bhansali
    Sr Technical Product Manager
    Advance Auto P[arts
    Raleigh

• 22.  RE: Tips or Tricks you have learned along the way when using Reltio's Product?

Founding Member
    Posted 06-02-2021 09:30
    +1 on Data Loader. This is a fantastic tool for creating test data, performing bulk, ad-hoc data corrections, and performing ad-hoc, bulk production data loads / migrations when the source is a CSV file.

Walt Feldman
    Digital Data Lead
    Subway