Reltio Connect

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is a good roadmap or best practice to transition from Binary to Relevance?

• 1.  What is a good roadmap or best practice to transition from Binary to Relevance?

Founding Member
    Posted 03-30-2022 18:22
    And see the impact of relevance matching that demonstrates an improvement over what we're seeing now? #Relevancebasedmatching

------------------------------
    Sandro Palleschi
    Manager - Enterprise Data Services at Empire Life
    Empire Life

• 2.  RE: What is a good roadmap or best practice to transition from Binary to Relevance?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 03-30-2022 18:27

The first thing I would do is I would look for rules that evaluate to a potential match and auto match that are very similar, and look for a way to combine those. You're going to be managing half as many tokens that way, and you're going to have better performance.

The next thing I would look for would be rules that are similar except for one attribute. There are a lot of pseudo-identifiers in the world like email, or phone number that almost perfectly identify individuals and a common best practice before was to build different rules around different identifiers. With relevance-based matching, you could consider all the pseudo-identifiers at once and just wait them and consolidate there.

Joel Snipes