Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  LCA Hooks for Relationship Changes

Founding Member
    Posted 04-27-2021 20:22
    Does Reltio LCA has any specific hooks for Relations? I've a requirement to do some actions once the relation is created/updated. I can see we have hooks for Reference attributes. Do we have for Relation attributes ?

------------------------------
    Gowthamprabhu Sivaraj
    AstraZeneca

• 2.  RE: LCA Hooks for Relationship Changes
    Best Answer

Reltio Employee
    Posted 04-28-2021 10:50
    Hi Gowtham,

Life Cycle Actions is supported for relationships. You can use hooks such as beforeSave, afterSave, beforeUpdate, etc. for your relationTypes as well. Please have a look at this documentation.

LCA Framework
    Reltio remove preview
    LCA Framework
    The Life Cycle Action (LCA) framework allows you to execute custom tasks on different events in an object's life cycle. This framework enables you to build and deploy custom logic for creating, updating, deleting, and performing other operations (such as controlling passed data or the prevention of operations).
    View this on Reltio >

Snehil Kamal
    Solution Architect
    Reltio
    Bangalore

• 3.  RE: LCA Hooks for Relationship Changes

Reltio Employee
    Posted 04-28-2021 11:05

Gowtham,
        Snehil has already provided information around relationship hooks, but I would suggest that you look at leveraging the external SQS queue for this.   CREATE_RELATIONSHIP is an event that is broadcast to the queue.  This will allow you to execute this process asynchronously to the relationship save, improving the performance of normal operations and giving you more control over the processing.  For all AFTER save hooks, we would recommend that using the SQS is a more efficient and controllable mechanism for you and your team.  I have also provided a link to our LCA best practices.  

Recommendations for LCA

Reltio remove preview
    Recommendations for LCA
    Some recommendation that you can consider for your LCA. Use LCAs only for simple operations. Complex operations must be developed outside of the LCA framework. Avoid invoking Reltio APIs from LCAs unless absolutely necessary. This could impact performance and can lead to infinite loops. Prevent cascading the LCA event from the LCA hook.
    View this on Reltio >

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Mike Frasca

• 4.  RE: LCA Hooks for Relationship Changes

Posted 08-11-2022 10:59
    Hi Mike,
    We have addresses on a relationship, which Reltio does not cleanse as Loqate only works on Entities.

Can we leverage LCA to cleanse address on a relationship? LCA hook will call the Reltio API to cleanse the address.
    If yes, would the address cleanser show up as crosswalk under Reltio Cleanser?

Behzad

Behzad Kekobad
    Ritchie Bros

• 5.  RE: LCA Hooks for Relationship Changes

Reltio Employee
    Posted 08-11-2022 11:59

@Behzad Kekobad I would not look towards LCAs to do something like this.  If anything, I would suggest like above that you look towards an async process which tracks changes to the objects in the external SQS queue.  An sync process can then grab whatever information you want and trigger a Reltio Cleanse call and post the object back on a crosswalk. 

I do think there are nuances here though to leveraging relationship attribution for addresses.  Typical consolidation and survivorship do not really exist on relationships, so I would suggest looking again at if a standard location entity may be a better fit for what you are trying to solve for.  Deciding a path forward on keeping address on a relationship is probably too complex of a topic for forum discussion though.  Either way, I would not use LCAs for something like this.​​​

Mike Frasca