Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Metadata security: MDM and RDM

Reltio Partner
    Posted 10-12-2021 04:01
    1. I'm trying to change the metadata security in MDM using json for some roles allowing them only restricted access permissions...but while POSTing the json using Postman, those specific roles are still having all the access. Any idea, what's going wrong here?

2. How to implement metadata security or specifically data restriction for some roles in RDM?

------------------------------
    Avinash Kumar
    Accenture

• 2.  RE: Metadata security: MDM and RDM

Reltio Employee
    Posted 10-13-2021 12:03
    Avinash,

I have noticed issues when posting new permissions that they are sometimes taken as additive to existing permissions.  Try using a REST DELETE on the same API endpoint that you post the permissions to, which will clear out existing permissions, then re-POST the new configuration.  You may also have to logout and log back into the Reltio environment for the permissions to take effect.

Dan Gage
    Principal Solution Consultant

• 3.  RE: Metadata security: MDM and RDM

Reltio Partner
    Posted 10-14-2021 03:56
    Hi Daniel,

I performed the steps you have mentioned....but still the new permissions are not getting effect after POSTing then logging in back after log out.

Avinash Kumar
    Accenture

• 4.  RE: Metadata security: MDM and RDM

Reltio Employee
    Posted 10-14-2021 11:46
    It sounds like you need to submit a ticket at support.reltio.com.  It should be working as you are expecting, but they will be able to provide clarification.

Dan Gage
    Principal Solution Consultant