Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  What is the differences in matching between MDM and CDP?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 07-20-2021 09:13
    For example, when profiles need to be stitched together, unified customer journey type stuff?

------------------------------
    Chris Detzel
    Community Program Manager
    Reltio

• 2.  RE: What is the differences in matching between MDM and CDP?
    Best Answer

Reltio Employee
    Posted 07-20-2021 09:16

I will give the caveat that a lot of CDPs do have their own capabilities and matching. I have one perspective from the CDP where I was at previously, where your match rules could be as simple in a CDP as if, you are basically busy chaining identifiers together. If I have email addresses across the same system, I know that is the same person. I am oversimplifying here. Whereas in an MDM solution, like Reltio, you have multiple, multiple match rules and the ability to do things like, yes, this is a match because their full name and email address and physical address are all the same. 

We can across different systems, that is one person. But you can also do things like matches that are suspect for review or later in even some AI to predict that these two records might be a match and then have somebody come in and manually review those like a data steward and make the final call there if those records should be matched. Imagine merge is a capability that I have found has much more strength and robust, just a robust capability in the MDM solution compared to CDP.

If you haven't checked out my Webinar on Actionable Data behind Digital Transformation: A Discussion on MDM and CDP., find it here: 

Kim Toomey