Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Survivorship issue

Posted 11-04-2021 10:58

Hello community,
    Hope everyone is well.

We have a situation when 2 updates from the source at the same exact time. In this case survivorship becomes a problem as recency has a conflict. Here’s an example:

Reltio_Id

Sources

SourceCreated

SourceLastUpdated

FirstName

LastName

Address

Salesforce

2021-08-22T16:59:00.000Z

2021-10-22T00:40:00.000Z

Haresh

Joshi

123 Main St

Salesforce

2021-08-22T14:54:00.000Z

2021-10-22T00:40:00.000Z

Harish

Joshy

123 Main St

Due to this we are seeing discrepancies between OV value in Reltio UI and OV value in GBQ, because Reltio UI and GBQ randomly pick a value to show at the OV level and it’s not consistent.

The current recommendation we have from Reltio support to have another level of survivorship to use ‘Min/Max’ value, but it may not make sense for using a blanket min or max survivorship as it depends on what field is impacted.

I am wondering if others have faced this issue and what are they doing about it or any other thoughts in general.

• 2.  RE: Survivorship issue

Founding Member
    Posted 11-04-2021 20:23
    Is there another attribute that could be used for merging or as a surrogate crosswalk? For example, has Salesforce assigned both entities the same customer ID or other Salesforce ID?

• 3.  RE: Survivorship issue

Posted 11-05-2021 10:27
    @Walt Feldman yes there is a different Salesforce ID attached to these records. I thought about using the information from the most recent ID to survive but I have to dig deeper into that assumption of most recent = accurate. ​

• 4.  RE: Survivorship issue

Founding Member
    Posted 11-07-2021 08:23
    In my experience with customer data, it tends to be quite safe to assume the newest data is the most accurate. It is far more common for the initial data to have typos that are corrected in subsequent loads than to have good data later ruined with bad.

• 5.  RE: Survivorship issue

Reltio Employee
    Posted 04-11-2022 11:59
    Survivorship is calculated dynamically when data is exported to RDS.  If there is an absence of the survivorship rule, it will default to the LUD rule.

When the entity has two crosswalks with the same update date/time, the non-advanced LUD survivorship chooses a random value.  We recommend that you change your tenant to an advanced LUD survivorship, when an update occurs on the same day and time, both crosswalk attribute values are winners.  Therefore, you will see both entities if a query is performed.

After that change is performed, it is advisable to perform a full reindex with the following options.  Then, a RI data synchronization task should be performed followed by a GBQ batch export.
    &enableSeparateIndexing=true&forceIgnoreInStreaming=true