Reltio Connect

• 1.  Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Posted 05-13-2021 15:53
    I had started to discuss this in reply to another 'Tips' discussion and then thought I had it figured out...only to realize that I really didn't.  Instead of further polluting that thread I decided to start a new one.

Ok, my issue is....I want to be able to copy an entity down from my Prod Tenant to my Dev Tenant.  This entity has two cross walks that are merged together.

I do the GET on the prod tenant for that entity

{{tenantURL}}/entities/5M1VJVi/?options=ovOnly  (also tried it without ovOnly)

And then I wrap it in square brackets and POST it to my DEV tenant.  Success..... sort of...the data makes it there....but not everything looks the same.

When I look at it in my DEV tenant it does not look the same.  It appears to mix together some of the fields that were different  - sometimes duplicating some of the values in fields some times having the source field have the same name for both cross walks (which were different in Prod).  I'm assuming this is for the data that is different between the crosswalks...exactly the field that I need to work with.  I really don't want to have to go and hand craft json data to be this in the correct way...as I expect to have to do a lot of this....I really want to just 'grab and go'.

I'm thinking there must be a special trick to this so that I can just grab a merged entity of multiple cross walks from one environment and plop it into another environment and have it pretty much look the same.  From there I want to play around with the survivorship rules and test to see if my changes actually work.  First, though I want to see that the result (before my change) shows consistently with what's in production and then change the config and test again.

I'm really very new to all of this  and every step is challenging....figuring out a change, figuring out how to test that change....lots of things to learn.  Thank you in advance for your help!

------------------------------
    Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 2.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-14-2021 07:35

Hi Michelle,

As you have observed, fetching a master profile (GET entity by URI) and then simply posting back that request body back to another tenant will not yield the intended results. This is because the entity API will interpret that request (POST to entities) as having contributed all values present in the request, contributed by all crosswalks present within the same request. 

Here's what I recommend doing instead... at a high level:
    1. Firstly you'll need to get the data contributed by each crosswalk separately, 
    2. You'll need to post that data separately (by crosswalk)
    3. You'll need to merge these profiles back together (either through existing automatic match rules, or manually)

Tasks:
    1. Fetch the master profile (GET entity) from the PROD tenant and parse out or note down the distinct crosswalks in the response body. Additionally, make a note of the entity ID. You can ignore crosswalks coming from ReltioCleanser.

2. For each crosswalk, use the following API:

GET {{tenantURL}}/entities/{{entityID}}/_slice?source-system={{sourceName}}&crosswalkValue={{crosswalks.value}} 

3. For each response obtained in #2, create an entity in your DEV tenant using:
     POST {{tenantURL}}/entities

4. If not merged by the same automatic match rule you had in PROD, you'll now need to manually merge the two profiles together. This can be done via API or the UI (Potential Matches view -> Sidebar -> 'Find Matches' -> select and 'Merge')

Additional Resources:

Let me know if this solution worked for you !

Jacques Lateo

• 3.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Posted 05-14-2021 10:04
    Thank you Jacques​!  This is exactly what I need....however, I'm still stuck at step 2 :(

I have no problem getting the cross walk data from the GET ... here's an example of one of them with the type and value information that i need.

{
                "uri""entities/5M1VJVi/crosswalks/NTCwVMkk",
                "type""configuration/sources/PartyHub",
                "value""4149359",

I put that into the url as you described

{{tenantURL}}/entities/5M1VJVi/_slice?source-system=configuration/sources/PartyHub&crosswalkValue=4149359

And what is returned doesn't include any useful data that I can post to my DEV tenant.  It appears to recognize the entity id and that it's an Individual....but all the many details of that individual are not present.  See screen shot below.

If I remove the "_slice" from the url then data does come back....but then it's the same data as previously that includes the comingled data from both systems.  I searched the documentation portal for "_slice" and the only page that came up was this one and that doesn't have enough info to help me.    In Reltio community the only post containing this keyword is this post.   So I'm back asking for some more help.

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 4.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-14-2021 14:46
    Hi Michelle,

Can you please try 'PartyHub' instead of 'configuration/sources/PartyHub' for the source-system parameter ?

Thanks !

Regards,
    Jacques Lateo
    Solutions Architect
    Reltio

• 5.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Posted 05-14-2021 15:17
    Hi Jacques,

I did try it with just the ‘PartyHub’ source system name and the result was the same. I don’t understand why the response shows OK but that the data is so limited. I feel so close to nailing this.

I’m on vacation after today until Tuesday May 25th but will be happy to try any suggestions you have when I have time.

Thanks,
    Michelle Popovits

--
    The content of this message is subject to our e-mail confidentiality
    policy. <https: static.empire.ca/confidentiality/conf.html="">
    Le contenu de
    ce message est assujetti à notre politique en matière de confidentialité 
    des courriels. <https: static.empire.ca/confidentiality/conf.html="">

• 6.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-14-2021 16:59
    Hi Michelle,

I've added you as a contact, let's connect over Zoom at your convenience. I'm confident we can knock it out in a few mins. :)

Regards,
    Jacques Lateo
    Solutions Architect
    Reltio

• 7.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-20-2021 12:04
    Hi Michelle,

Someone else enquired about this and I figured out what the issue is... my original instructions had a mistake in it. 
    source-system should be a query header, not a parameter. 

So your request should look like this...

Regards,
    Jacques Lateo
    Solutions Architect
    Reltio

• 8.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Posted 05-25-2021 14:04
    Hi Jacques,

I am now back from my vacation and I tried the solution you provided above and it works great!  I have been able to pull down the cross walks separately from PROD and post them to DEV tenant.  Definitely good to have in the tool kit.

I now need to figure out if maybe match/merge is turned off in our DEV tenant since the two cross walks that were merged in prod have not merged in DEV.  One problem down....and the next one up!

Thanks again! :)

Michelle Popovits
    Empire Life

• 9.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Reltio Employee
    Posted 05-26-2021 12:01
    Hi Michelle, welcome back ! 

Thanks for providing feedback and confirmation. I'm glad this solution helped you !

Regards,
    Jacques Lateo
    Solutions Architect
    Reltio

• 10.  RE: Copying Individual Test Data from another Tenant

Posted 05-26-2021 15:18
      |   view attached
    @Michelle Popovits
    I had the same issue where I would constanty need PROD data in DEV to do some analysis and troubleshooting and now I do have a python script that help to extract and join the json from the source tenant. Feel free to modify and use it if needed be.​

Vignesh Chandran
    Penny Mac

Attachment(s)

zip
    extract_from_reltio.zip   1 KB 1 version