Reltio Connect

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a limit on number of matching rules that can be used in parallel?

• 1.  Is there a limit on number of matching rules that can be used in parallel?

Founding Member
    Posted 08-06-2021 16:52
    Is there a specific limit? #MatchRules ​​

------------------------------
    Georgy CHERNYAVSKIY
    Customer Data Process Owner, Data & Performance, Governance
    Schneider Electric

• 2.  RE: Is there a limit on number of matching rules that can be used in parallel?

Reltio Employee
    Posted 08-06-2021 16:55
    @Georgy CHERNYAVSKIY,

There is not a hard limit, but best practice is generally you want to keep it under 10 per entity type. Every match rule should have a strong identifying attribute at the center of it. And maybe you could have two versions or three versions for some of these, but it's rare to have 10 plus identifying attributes that could drive different matches. And if you have 10 plus rules, go ahead and configure them. But what I would do is I'd come into this dynamic match rule analyzer and start looking at seeing if any of your rules are redundant and aren't adding value.

The way you look at this is for rule 17 in this example, it has a one-to-one correlation with rule eight. 100% of the matches generated by rule 17 are generated by rule eight.  17 is adding no value for you, but it's slowing down your system by generating more tokens and having to consider this match rule every time. When you run this match report, what you're going to look for is these red squares are going to tell you that you have highly redundant rules, and I suspect if you're over 10, that you're going to have some rules that are probably not adding as much value as you think they are.

If you haven't had a chance to watch the webinar around Match and Merge, check it out: 

Joel Snipes