Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Limiting non-OV and OV values that can be let into Reltio

Posted 09-05-2023 06:52

I want to limit the data coming into one of my MDM tentants to a single USA state. Let us say Minnesota. A validation function will check only the OV values for the state. That means non-OV values for state that are not Minnesota will get into Reltio and cause validation errors later on if those non-OV values become OV values. If a new entity record enters the systems the validation function is applied before OV values can be determined. So, the validation function will be skipped the first time and get into Reltio. We know that RDM applied, cleansing, standardization, enrichment, and custom LCA functions occur before the validation function. So, how do I keep entity crosswalk records with no state or a non-Minnesota state from getting into Reltio? Can I create a custom cleanser to do this? Do I create a custom LCA function that is triggered by the "beforeSave" event? I would like the RDM, cleansing, standardization, and enrichment to be applied before my code, so the chance of getting the Minnesota value for the state is increased. So, I am leaning towards the customer LCA function. 

I appreciate any ideas 

------------------------------
    Scott Burnell
    Symetra

• 2.  RE: Limiting non-OV and OV values that can be let into Reltio

Reltio Employee
    Posted 09-17-2023 09:03

Hi Scott,

have you thought of doing this with survivorship rules?  You should be able to filter on the value of Minnesota and have the other values 'not win'.  They'll still be in the system, just never be OV's.

Gino Fortunato
    Senior Solution Engineer
    Reltio