Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Data Validation Function based on attribute value count

Reltio Partner
    Posted 08-14-2023 06:29

Hi,

Is it possible to display error message when an attribute has more than one value? In documentation and validation function, I cant find count condition in it.

For example:

I am creating an profile through UI and entering two values for an attribute, if it exceeds more than one it should display an error message using data validation function. 

I know it can be achieved through cardinality but we need to define a survivorship strategy as Aggregation always to achieve cardinality on the attribute. 

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Rahul Rajan
    Fresh Gravity

• 2.  RE: Data Validation Function based on attribute value count

Reltio Employee
    Posted 08-20-2023 23:26

hi @Rahul Rajan,

Thanks for reaching out 

Currently we don't way to restrict the entity create/update with the values count DVF expression

However,  You can achieve this with cardinality by updating in your data model for an attributes,

Here is the reference to configuration where attribute can have min of one value and max of two values

{
     "URI": "configuration/entityTypes/Individual/attributes/FirstName",
     "cardinality": {
     "minValue": 1,
     "maxValue": 2
     }
     },

Shivaputrappa Patil

• 3.  RE: Data Validation Function based on attribute value count

Posted 02-02-2024 13:34

I understand that there is not a process for creating a DVF based on the count of a value in an attribute. However, is this a feature that might be coming? I am not interested in limiting values to 1 in the OV, but I would like to know if there is more than one value in the OV. Just a DVF warning. If this is not on the drawing board, can we add it to the wish list of features?

Follow-up.

I have added this to the Ideas board. Please feel free to upvote.

https://reltio.ideas.aha.io/ideas/MDM-I-1700

Scott Johnson
    Ascension

• 4.  RE: Data Validation Function based on attribute value count

Posted 01-23-2024 09:27

On the user interface side, you can enforce that only one value is allowed for the attribute. This could be done through client-side validation using JavaScript or on the server side when processing the submitted data. Even though data validation functions may not explicitly handle count conditions, you can perform a count check in your server-side code when processing the submitted data using data enrichment tools. If more than one value is detected for the attribute, you can then reject the request and return an error message to the user.

Lisa Castillo
    Windsor Drive
    London