Reltio Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Code Versioning , SDLC Process and CICD

Posted 07-25-2023 14:07

Hello Community,

Let's take L3 Config for eg. We are trying to create a process for versioning, sdlc process and ultimately CICD and just looking for a head start if anyone has figured out a process.

• Github - Versioning and Code review -We are using Github for versioning our code in our enterprise and maintaining the right copy to migrate across environments and CICD. We started implementing the same for Reltio - have anyone implemented GitHub for Reltio if so what are some of the nuances on how we can code review etc. - the general PR process for Github is not letting us know the changes - we have to copy the files to a json editor to compare between versions. Just wanted to understand the best practices.
    • SDLC Cycle - what's the general process in for development - as in how do we start with a right version of config in Dev - do we migrate the right part of the code to higher environments and prod release process.

Below is the snapshot of our current folder structure. Appreciate any help.

------------------------------
    Rahul Parameswaran
    Tech Lead
    Republic Services

• 2.  RE: Code Versioning , SDLC Process and CICD

Reltio Partner
    Posted 07-26-2023 15:48

Hi Rahul, I'm in a similar boat, I posted a question asking about CI/CD best practices yesterday.  Still hoping for additional responses.

We have used version control for tracking model config, but have had mixed luck with json diff.  

In terms of SDLC we make changes in Dev and manually promote them to higher environments.  Manually can mean redoing the work, other times it's exporting a file and importing it into the target environment.  It depends on the artifact.  Manual promotions adds a lot effort including validation and messes with separation of concerns.  So we're trying to understand how much can be automated (CI/CD), including validation.

Hope that helps...

Robert Quinn
    Data Management Practice Lead
    imidia LLC
    Basking Ridge NJ

• 3.  RE: Code Versioning , SDLC Process and CICD

Posted 07-26-2023 19:45

Thanks Robert - We are working towards maturing this process of ours as well - I shall keep you posted. Our experience has been similar to yours.

Rahul Parameswaran
    Staff Engineer
    Republic Services

• 4.  RE: Code Versioning , SDLC Process and CICD

Posted 08-23-2023 13:12

Hi Everyone,

We created a feature/ideas request for this - request all to upvote the same.

https://reltio.ideas.aha.io/ideas/MDM-I-1620

Rahul Parameswaran
    Staff Engineer
    Republic Services